NEETS (Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series)

NEETS – Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series

24 Modules :
Module 1, Introduction to Matter, Energy, and Direct Current, introduces the course with a short history of electricity and electronics and proceeds into the characteristics of matter, energy, and direct current (dc). It also describes some of the general safety precautions and first-aid procedures that should be common knowledge for a person working in the field of electricity. Related safety hints are located throughout the rest of the series, as well.
Module 2, Introduction to Alternating Current and Transformers, is an introduction to alternating current (ac) and transformers, including basic ac theory and fundamentals of electromagnetism, inductance, capacitance, impedance, and transformers.
Module 3, Introduction to Circuit Protection, Control, and Measurement, encompasses circuit breakers, fuses, and current limiters used in circuit protection, as well as the theory and use of meters as electrical measuring devices.
Module 4, Introduction to Electrical Conductors, Wiring Techniques, and Schematic Reading, presents conductor usage, insulation used as wire covering, splicing, termination of wiring, soldering, and reading electrical wiring diagrams.
Module 5, Introduction to Generators and Motors, is an introduction to generators and motors, and covers the uses of ac and dc generators and motors in the conversion of electrical and mechanical energies.
Module 6, Introduction to Electronic Emission, Tubes, and Power Supplies, ties the first five modules together in an introduction to vacuum tubes and vacuum-tube power supplies.
Module 7, Introduction to Solid-State Devices and Power Supplies, is similar to module 6, but it is in reference to solid-state devices.
Module 8, Introduction to Amplifiers, covers amplifiers.
Module 9, Introduction to Wave-Generation and Wave-Shaping Circuits, discusses wave generation and wave-shaping circuits.
Module 10, Introduction to Wave Propagation, Transmission Lines, and Antennas, presents the characteristics of wave propagation, transmission lines, and antennas.

Module 11, Microwave Principles, explains microwave oscillators, amplifiers, and waveguides.
Module 12, Modulation Principles, discusses the principles of modulation.
Module 13, Introduction to Number Systems and Logic Circuits, presents the fundamental concepts of number systems, Boolean algebra, and logic circuits, all of which pertain to digital computers.
Module 14, Introduction to Microelectronics, covers microelectronics technology and miniature and microminiature circuit repair.
Module 15, Principles of Synchros, Servos, and Gyros, provides the basic principles, operations, functions, and applications of synchro, servo, and gyro mechanisms.
Module 16, Introduction to Test Equipment, is an introduction to some of the more commonly used test equipments and their applications.
Module 17, Radio-Frequency Communications Principles, presents the fundamentals of a radiofrequency communications system.
Module 18, Radar Principles, covers the fundamentals of a radar system.
Module 19, The Technician’s Handbook, is a handy reference of commonly used general information, such as electrical and electronic formulas, color coding, and naval supply system data.
Module 20, Master Glossary, is the glossary of terms for the series.
Module 21, Test Methods and Practices, describes basic test methods and practices.
Module 22, Introduction to Digital Computers, is an introduction to digital computers.
Module 23, Magnetic Recording, is an introduction to the use and maintenance of magnetic recorders and the concepts of recording on magnetic tape and disks.
Module 24, Introduction to Fiber Optics, is an introduction to fiber optics.

NOTE : TRY USING FOXIT READER (FREE) IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WHEN OPENING NEETS FILES. FIND THE SOFTWARE BY GOOGLING.

Free Engineering Magazines for Qualified Professionals
Power Engineering
Power Engineering International
POWERGRID International
POWER
Cabling Installation and Maintenance
Electrical Contractors
Electric Light & Power
More ..

40 thoughts on “NEETS (Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series)

1. Dennis

Thanks pal, this modules help me a lot. Please make modules 20, 21 and 22 available for extra reference.

2. Bunna

Dear sir,

My name’s Bunna, and i’m a student. i found it very interesting in all your module above but i have a problem with some pages when i view it in the acrobat reader it show the message THIS FILE HAVE BEEN DAMAGED OR CORRUPTED. I stronly hope you can help me to solve this problem. I never read any books that is easily to understand like this before because i just in my second year and it takes 3 years more to graduate.

best regard and thanks,
    Bunna

3. Bunna

Drea kb,
    it’s every modoles when i view in acrobat it show the message “Expected end of color space”. then it lost some pages. could you help me?

best regard,
    Bunna

4. Bunna

Dear Kb,

I don’t know why every modules when i view it in acrobat it shows the message “Expected end of color space”. Then it loses some pages, especially pages with Figure. Could you help me?

best regard,
    Bunna

5. glenn

To whom it may concern,

Sir, I’m glenn i’ll be taking exam here in Philippines and they recommended me to read Neets. I don’t have the money to buy neets so i search the internet and i found it here but some of the module is corrupted. please i hope you can help me. To have this information/s… thanks

(if you can mail it to me it would highly appriciated)

thanks

6. glenn

sir kb

as of now i just downloaded module 1 but some of the figure did not appeared and i tried to view module but i can’t view it. what should i do sir?

thanks

glenn

7. glenn

sir kb,

thanks a lot sir, Finally I have a copy of neets… by the way sir do you have a General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) book? and Electronic devices by Floyd?

8. palanimuthu

This site is very useful for me. I am a basic of EEE, Please also give some GATE materials for Master Degree (M.E)

9. Zubair Kalhoro

Dear Sir,
    I found this web site is good but some modules are realy currept so please it maintain all those modules if you are intersetd that knowledge for all.
    Thanks

10. Kimbal

Do a search on the web for the NEETS Series of Modules and you will find numerous sources that are Ok to download. I’ve had no trouble with those sites. This is not the only source for these modules. I hope this helps.

11. old shipmate

Thanks for publishing these. I wished i had them awhile ago when I tested for a job. Now that i have them it should help. Thanks a tera million.

12. Steven

I had always meant to collect a set for myself before I left the navy, but I never got all the
    modules. Now, not only do I have access them all, but I have the later updates, and I can
    access them from home and work. Thanks a lot for publishing these.

13. vito

thanks for the free published of this material kb, do you have the answers of the assignments of this material?

14. Scientest

This website is very useful for everybody who like science,
    we hope more free engineering ebooks in this site.

Thank you, Sucses & Good luck to this website.

from: Indonesian Scientist.

15. saikat

Thanks for providing such good book.

I want to mention one thing, if u could upload some books on Robotics then that will help me a lot.

Thanks and regards

Saikat Sarker

16. nejani101

Many thanks to people uploading this magnificiant cours helping me to study the shipelectrics duty and work from a different point of view

best regards from a landlocked country (Hungary, Europe) giving any goodvalue sailors to the World sailing under foreign flags

17. vignesh

many thanks for this site owner. really i cannot able to buy boooks which are more costly.this site helps me to get highly valuable books with a very low expense my hearty thanks to you

18. Anisto

Hi,

Thanks for the material. I get an error saying that “Acrobat may not display the page correctly, please contact person who created the PDF document to correct the problem”.
    I’m using Acrobat 8 and noticed that a number of images are missing in Module 11 e.g. pg 1-58, Fig 1-72-Ferrite attenuator (missing).
    There are a number of images missing like this.